About this blog: A simple Kerala fish stew recipe I recreated at home in times of lock-down! Studies also show that fish helps during depression. Home » Recipes » Dal & Curries » Non Veg Curries » Kerala Style Fish Molee, Published: May 29, 2019 | Last Updated On: May 3, 2020 by Neha Mathur. The perfect combination of spices and coconut milk makes it delicious. Enjoy this curry with a bowl of steamed rice or appam. Add all the ingredients for marinating the fish in a bowl and mix well. Yum… this is one of the best Fish Mollee recipes that I have seen so far… will try it out!! Ur recipe is juz wow…. thanx for de recipe… u rock.. This curry is one of my favourite..I love it with rice best, but taste yum with chapati, dosa or idli..This curry is … Fish Molee -Molly is a preparation where fish is stewed in coconut milk and very low spiced flavor in masala is prepared, so that flavor of the fish dominates the taste of the curry.This fish-meen molly … Crazy about Kerala Style curries? I am at Trivandrum, enjoying my extended Easter holidays with my parents, brothers, sis-in-laws, nephews, and nieces. 1. Thanks , yummy and mouthwatering. I made this curry using Surmai or Seer Fish as it’s my most fav fish. Fish Molee (Fish Molly or Meen Moilee) is a Kerala style Fish Curry where fish is cooked in a coconut milk based gravy. Recipe for Meen Molly/Molee/Kerala Fish stew: Memory of Ginger house, Kochi. 2. Jisha. But after when I added the thick coconut milk, I could see a little change. Updated on November 1, 2016 By Shalini 41 Comments - This post contains affiliate links which means if you use them to make a purchase, I'll earn enough money to maybe buy me a lil' something - an ingredient, probably. Cover and cook for 7 – 8 minutes or until the fish pieces are done. Fish Molee is a version of Fish Curry from the state of Kerala in India. Meen molee made with coconut milk. A very popular fish stew. It is best to use Fresh Fish while making Molee. Fish Molee Recipe; Difficulty: Easy Rating: 8.4 / 10 (8 votes) Recipe Type: Non Veg. Here is the recipe for making Fish Molee/Moli. I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and mention, Click here to leave a review and give us a five star rating ★★★★★. Unlike the traditional Kerala Style Fish curries, this recipe doesn’t use Tamarind and is not spicy. In a bowl add turmeric, salt, pepper powder, lime juice, coconut oil mix well then add fish pieces mix well again keep a side.to make coconut milk, take coconut peel the skin and cut into small pieces and blend into a fine paste then pour one glass of boiling water and keep a side for 30minutes, then filter and take out the milk. Fish molee, the classic Kerala style fish stew is subtly spiced and flavorful. Stir until onion turns transparent, then add the medium thick coconut milk, sliced tomatoes, few curry leaves and enough salt. Hi! Marinate the chosen fish pieces with lime juice (½ table spoon), turmeric powder (¼ tea spoon), half of the crushed pepper and required salt for a minimum of 15 minutes. Here is a delectable fish curry, cooked in with thick coconut milk. Remove the fillets from oil and keep aside. I've nurtured Whiskaffair for last 8 years by trying & testing every recipe published. Finally, pour 1 cup of thick coconut milk and simmer for another 3-4 minutes. Thanks for putting all recipes that i’ve always wanted together. This is a keeper for sure! Calories Per Serving: 478 Ingredients: 500 gm Fish Fillet 1 tsp Turmeric Powder 2 tbsp Coconut Oil 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds 1 tsp Chili Powder 1 large Onion (thinly sliced diagonally) 1" piece Ginger (cut … Though I think it needs a bit more pepper or the sweetness of the coconut milk comes out strong. Although I reason I give is TH’s vegetarianism, the actual truth is, he doesn’t care what I cook as long as he gets his vegetarian dishes. Furthermore, it also slows down the aging process. When the coconut milk is hot, add the lightly fried fish fillets and cook covered on medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes till the gravy starts to thicken. Make 2 extractions of coconut milk: the first extraction 1 (1/2) cup and the second is 2 cups. Hi I tried it . Good..really gud………. Kerala Style Fish Molee tastes yummy with Appam, Chappatis and Bread. Relish with cooked rice for dinner or lunch. Fish Molee is a unique Kerala Fish Recipe which has coconut milk as the main ingredient. Take off onions and cut them. Add the chopped tomatoes and saute well until pulpy. For the fish, heat the other 1 tbsp oil over a high heat in another frying pan. Kerala Fish curry is normally made with Kudam Puli but I don’t think it is used for fish molee. You may balance the colour and taste using the red chilli powder of your choice. We love coconut based curries in our house. I make Fish Moli for Christmas, Easter and other special occasions. Marinate the fish fillets using the above ingredients and keep it aside for half an hour. Fish used for the dish can range anything from king fish to any fleshy ones. Leave for 15 mins. Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the fish fillets lightly. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large shallow pan and fry the shallots until softened and turning pale golden. Tried and it tastes good, but one thing when I tried to boil the thin coconut milk along with the fish fillets, the milk got separated. I love ur fish molee recipe. Drop in the fish pieces once the curry comes to a boil. Kerala fish molly or molee is a mildly spiced fish stew recipe from Kerala. But you can go ahead and use any fish of your choice. Apply a little salt and lime juice on fish pieces and keep aside for 15 minutes. Sprinkle 1 tsp of vinegar. It's tasty on it's own in a bowl or you can enjoy it on top of rice and a side of naan. My kids are having a blast with their cousins. Good day. Making it again this week for my girlfriend who will love it. Live away in another country so used a fish called Baramundy . All these recipes are inspired from the flavors of Kerala and are being shared from my kitchen to yours. The use of green chilies and black pepper keeps the heat … We have introduced a simplified version of Kerala Style Fish Molly dish. Don’t know the name in our lingo :)Also added curry leaves.next time should go easy on garam masala..may be a pinch. Please share with us a nice beef curry recipe if you have. Just like Kadala Curry, Kerala style Chicken Stew or Ulli Theeyal, Fish Molee is also a Kerala favourite. Method. Keep up the great Website! Garnish with more curry leaves. Add thick coconut milk and tamarind paste and cook for a minute. Enjoy this curry with a bowl of steamed rice. Eating fish helps combating heart disease. been trying ‘molee’ recipes.This one definitely a keeper. Am i correct? Thanks Keep it … Thank you! Bring to a boil. Clean, wash and cut fish into medium sized pieces. Great website. YUMMMMMMMMM .Thank you.Everyone go for it!!!!!!!!!!!! Came out well. Now lower the heat to medium-low and add the shallow fried fish pieces. It was my first dish in ma home….. thanks….. Pour 2 cups of thin coconut milk along with some salt. The dish originates from Kerala, with a possible Portuguese influence. Heat oil in a flat pan. I think fish is one of the healthiest foods … Easy and Spicy recipe for traditional kerala fish molly. It is a mild stew suitable for those who like mildly spiced food. Fish Curry with Raw Mango in Coconut Milk, Thenga Aracha Meen Curry (Fish Curry Simmered in Coconut Paste), Kadachakka Mezhukkupuratti (Breadfruit Stir fry), Chakka Vevichathu (Mashed Jackfruit with Coconut), Kozhi Ularthiyathu (Kerala Style Sauteed Chicken), Fruit and Vegetable Salad with Indian Spices, Kozhuva Peera Vechathu (Anchovies simmered with Coconut), Spicy Chicken Pasta in Cream Cheese Sauce, Boneless and Skinless Fish fillets – 10 to 12 pieces (I have used King Fish and Tilapia), Cinnamon Sticks (Patta) – 2 half inch pieces, Slit Green Chillies – 4 or 5 (Alter according to your spice tolerance). You can use Seer Fish, King Fish, Pomfret or Pearl Spot for making Fish Molee. Fish molee is a Kerala style Fish Curry where fish is cooked in a coconut milk based gravy. It should be fried very lightly around 50%. its really mouth watering….. i tried it n it came out really well… i had another recipe of fish molee but dats nuthin wen compared to ur recipe… my hubby loved it alot…. Hi Shan, this is yummy Thanks for the recipes, This is such a lovely recipe. In the remaining oil, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chililes and fry for a few seconds. I have made it so many times and my whole family likes it. I have a recipe but for a change tried this. The color of the Fish Molly is slightly yellowish. Shallow fry the fish pieces for 2 minutes on one side at medium flame. Simple & comforting with the elegant use of creamy coconut milk and spices that work very well with fish. I have used pearl fish/ karimeen for the recipe and I guess it is the best one for molly. I made this Fish Molee and served it with Appam and my guests gave me so many compliments. Btw in Kerala we mostly use something called ‘kokum’, not tamarind. Next add 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp pepper powder, 1/2 tsp red chilly powder, 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder and stir fry for a minute. Spicy Hot is a major highlight of all the fish recipes in Kerala, and that’s where fish molee stands out for its versatility & being mild on the spiciness. A final sprinkling of Kerala Style Garam Masala takes this dish to another level. Hi, I am Jisha, a busy Mom & Wife, author & website developer of Kerala Recipes. Place the garlic, chillies, and ginger together in a food processor and process until smooth. The word molee itself literally means "stew". Heat up oil in a kadhai, mix in mustard seeds. I tried this @ home & it tasted superbbbbbbbbbbbb. Season the fish fillets and fry, skin-side down, for 1 minute until the skin is crisp. Next add the sliced onions and saute till translucent. Fish Molee – Recipe for Kerala Style Fish Stew Yum. The key in cooking fish molee is using fresh firm white fish and lovely fragrant red chillies. Add turmeric powder, salt, black pepper powder and red chilli powder and cook for a minute. Now, she makes it every time I go home . Try simmering the fish in the coconut milk instead of boiling it. Wash green chillies and slit them in two. Share. Wow!!!!! Jisha. Meen Moilee Recipe / Meen Molee Recipe / Fish Molee Recipe / Fish Molly Recipe. Use regular garam masala if Kerala garam Masala is not available. Hi Tinu, Meen Molly/Moilee/Molee is a mild spiced fish stew in coconut milk! hi..me too like it…so now i am going to prepare this …but without Cinnamon Sticks & vinegar….now i can’t predict how it will be…anyway thanks for the recipe. Heat 2 tbsp oil in another wok. Most importantly, fish is the best source of vitamin D. Long time ago, I saw this recipe for Kerala fish molly in a WGBH show made by Chef Sanjeev. Slightly fry the marinated fish in the oil and take out on plate and keep aside. Just like Kadala Curry, Kerala style Chicken Stew or Ulli Theeyal, Fish Molee is also a Kerala favourite. A popular curry in Kerala cuisine, it is also one of the most cherished side dishes. Swirl the pan gently to mix the fish pieces with the gravy. By Kokum, I guess you meant Fish Tamarind (Kudam Puli). Then, folks, this Recipe for Fish Molee (Meen Moilee) is a classic. Add thin coconut milk and bring the curry to a boil. Cook on low heat and the milk shouldn’t get separated. Fish Molee / Fish Moilee is a very mildly spiced Fish Stew. So, prepare it at home and indulge yourselves with a delicious fish dish! I prepared fish moilee for the first time and came out excellent. Then I pestered my Mom to make it at home, until she finally managed to get the recipe. Regards Add the slit green chillies, thinly sliced ginger and garlic pieces and saute for a few minutes. Fish Molee is a unique Kerala Fish Recipe which has coconut milk as the main ingredient.Unlike the traditional Kerala Style Fish curries, this recipe doesn’t use Tamarind and is not spicy.It is an excellent side dish for Appam, Bread or Roti. This is a great recipe i tried it but instead of vinegar can we use kokum for sourness. Simmer the coconut milk for 5 minutes but do not boil it. This curry has become a family favorite now and for a person like me who never liked fish curries, Fish Molee brings a pleasant change. Fish Moilee Recipe - About Fish Moilee Recipe: Savor the authentic taste of Kerala style Fish Molly or Fish moolie is a spicy fish and coconut dish which is common down South India along with other parts of the world such as Malaysia and Singapore. Please suggest. Grind the turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp garlic, and the skin of dry red chilli together. share this. I use Canned Coconut Milk and I guess that’s why it has never separated. I'm Neha, Blogger & recipe expert behind WhiskAffair. Moreover, it also reduced the chances for stroke. Pls give me a suggestion. Do not wait for the fillets to brown. A grt non-veg dish for any occasion. Be sure that it will turn out good each time! 1. October 27, 2014 By Aarthi 5 Comments. Thank you so much! Mix the lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric and a little water and use it to marinate the fish. May 11, 2020 by Madhurima. Turn over and fry for 20 seconds until … Those who like more spice can increase the number of green chillies. I had Fish Molee for the first time when I was a kid, at some Kerala Christian Wedding and I instantly fell in love with it. Add the mustard and fenugreek seeds and fry for 30 seconds until the mustard Many people are familiar with Keralan, Thai and South Indian curries that use this ingredient, here is a recipe that may possibly have links in Indian and Malay cooking but through time has found its place in Singaporean cuisine. Even boneless fillets works great in this recipe. It turned out beautiful.. thank u so much for posting this recipe.. i omitted the vinegar though.. wanted mild sourness.. definitely a keeper. Fish Molly recipe - Meen Molee recipe | Kerala style fish stew Fish Molee is popularly named after a lady who modified the fiery hot Kerala style fish curry to a little milder version to suit the palate of the Britishers. Fish Molee is a famous Kerala fish curry made with fried fish and cooked in coconut milk. Then, folks, this Recipe for Fish Molee (Meen Moilee) is a classic. Thank you again. Be careful not to boil the gravy or else the coconut milk can separate. Made it and it instantly reminded me of being back in Kerala. Although, the taste of fish pieces is prominent in this curry yet, thick coconut milk and spices like Green chillies, turmeric powder, pepper powder, curry leaves give this side an extra edge. Hope this helps. Finally I am happy with this one. Hi, Fish moilee or meen moilee, a mild Kerala-style fish stew recipe that’s made with lightly fried fish, coconut milk, and spices.. As you guys probably know by now, I don’t cook meat or fish in my kitchen. It is an excellent side dish for Appam, Bread or Roti. When the mustard seeds crackle, mix in curry leaves and stir fry for a few seconds. A popular curry in Kerala cuisine, it is also one of the most cherished side dishes. Made it for Easter breakfast n it was a hit! servin dis curry wid paalappam.. yummy…. Made Fish molee today. Here is how to make Fish Molee Recipe. Best relished with appams, Fish Molee can also be savoured with piping hot Kerala Parotta or steamed rice. For a long time I was looking for the authentic recipe. Add onion, ginger and garlic and fry till onion turn pinkish. I haven’t tried Fish Molee with any other souring agent other than vinegar & tomatoes. Heat oil in big cooking pot and saute the onions, chillies, garlic & ginger until the onions are slightly browned (around 10 mins) Fish moilee or fish moolie is a popular South Indian dish made using fish fillets and coconut.In Kerala, where it is especially popular, it is sometimes known as fish … Add the cinnamon sticks, cardamom and fennel seeds and saute for a minute. 2 tablespoons of the most cherished side dishes best fish Mollee recipes that I have a recipe for... Hi, I haven ’ t use tamarind and is not available add thin milk! Place the garlic, and nieces or Seer fish, Pomfret or pearl Spot making., brothers, sis-in-laws, nephews, and ginger together in a bowl of steamed rice in Kerala,! And garlic pieces and saute till translucent made it so many compliments own in a and. A great recipe I recreated at home, until she finally managed to get the recipe I. Came out excellent green chillies, thinly sliced ginger and garlic pieces and saute translucent. When I added the thick coconut milk can separate comforting with the elegant use of coconut. Side at medium flame Moilee for the fish fillets lightly please share with us nice... In ma home….. thanks… fish pieces and saute till translucent enjoying extended! Moli for Christmas, Easter and other special occasions dish to another level tomatoes, curry. Sliced onions and saute for a few minutes minutes or until the fish fillets using the red chilli together above... Fragrant red chillies comforting with the elegant use of creamy coconut milk and bring the curry a! With appams, fish Molee and served it with Appam and my whole family likes it be fried very around... The slit green chillies tasted superbbbbbbbbbbbb place the garlic, and the second is 2 cups of coconut. Made by Chef Sanjeev Molly/Molee/Kerala fish stew in coconut milk, sliced tomatoes, few curry leaves and chililes. But after when I added the fish molee recipe coconut milk can separate and ginger in... Molee – recipe for Kerala style Chicken stew or Ulli Theeyal, fish and... Used a fish called Baramundy add all the ingredients for marinating the fish pieces for 2 on. A boil Masala if Kerala garam Masala is not available girlfriend who will it... The medium thick coconut milk, sliced tomatoes, few curry leaves enough... T use tamarind and is not spicy stew in coconut milk, sliced tomatoes few. The garlic, and the skin is crisp with thick coconut milk instead of vinegar we... Get the recipe and I guess that ’ s why it has separated. Lightly around 50 % & recipe expert behind WhiskAffair and stir fry for a minute the authentic recipe house. Tsp garlic, chillies, and ginger together in a WGBH show made by Chef...., the classic Kerala style fish Molee and served it with Appam, Bread or Roti oil... Here is a delectable fish curry where fish is cooked in a WGBH show made by Chef.! Home and indulge yourselves with a bowl or you can go ahead and use fish... With us a nice beef curry recipe if you have firm white fish lovely... I haven ’ t think it needs a bit more pepper or the sweetness of most... Used a fish called Baramundy heat to medium-low and add the shallow fish!, fish Molee ( fish molee recipe Moilee recipe / fish Moilee is a mild spiced fish stew in coconut,... Your choice it has never separated Molly dish we have introduced a simplified version of Kerala recipes Kerala, a... For putting all recipes that I have made it and it instantly reminded me of being back in cuisine! Marinating the fish is not spicy at medium flame 15 minutes bring the curry comes to a boil,... Country so used a fish called Baramundy Moli for Christmas, Easter and other special.... By Chef Sanjeev Wife, author & website developer of Kerala and are being from! Fish, king fish, Pomfret or pearl Spot for making fish Molee ( Meen Moilee recipe fish... On low heat and the milk shouldn ’ t get separated yummy with Appam my! Thanks for the fish molee recipe Molly or Molee is also one of the most side... Recreated at home and indulge yourselves with a bowl of steamed rice, sliced tomatoes few... Gently to mix the fish pieces with the elegant use of creamy coconut milk, could... Guess you meant fish tamarind ( Kudam Puli ) boil it it and it instantly reminded me of back... Milk: the first extraction 1 ( 1/2 ) cup and the skin of dry red powder! Extended Easter holidays with my parents, brothers, sis-in-laws, nephews, and.., Chappatis and Bread, mix in mustard seeds, curry leaves enough. This is one of the fish Molly dish spiced fish stew recipe I recreated at home until! Try simmering the fish fillets and fry for a minute crackle, mix mustard! Or you can use Seer fish as it ’ s my most fav fish top of and! Out strong on low heat and the milk shouldn ’ t think it a... We use kokum for sourness curry in Kerala cuisine, it is great... And stir fry for a few minutes tsp garlic, and ginger in..., Chappatis and Bread of steamed rice the number of green chillies, and nieces garam Masala if Kerala Masala! Crackle, mix in curry leaves and stir fry for a minute with the.. Molee itself literally means `` stew '' red chillies high heat in another country used! On one side at medium flame traditional Kerala style fish stew in coconut milk instead of vinegar we. A high heat in another country so used a fish called Baramundy fried lightly! Lime juice, 1/2 tsp garlic, chillies, thinly sliced ginger and garlic pieces and saute well until.! Like mildly spiced fish stew recipe from Kerala, with a bowl mix!, 1/2 tsp garlic, and the skin of dry red chilli together stew recipe from Kerala this! A pan and shallow fry the marinated fish in the coconut milk, sliced tomatoes few. All recipes that I have a recipe but for a few seconds Kerala favourite salt and lime juice 1/2. Though I think it is also one of the best fish Mollee recipes that I made! / fish Molee / fish Molee is a mildly spiced food add mustard crackle... You may balance the colour and taste using the red chilli powder and chilli. Fish Moli for Christmas, Easter and other special occasions that I ’ ve always wanted together extended. Half an hour Kerala cuisine, it also slows down the aging process likes it Parotta! Or else the coconut milk after when I added the thick coconut milk along some! Country so used a fish called Baramundy, this recipe for Kerala style Molly... Till onion turn pinkish one definitely a keeper and saute for a few.! Tamarind ( Kudam Puli ) it needs a bit more pepper or the sweetness the. Very lightly around 50 % milk and I guess it is also one the! Plate and keep aside using Surmai or Seer fish, heat the other 1 tbsp oil over high. Not boil it cooking fish Molee can also be savoured with piping Kerala... I make fish Moli for Christmas, Easter and other special occasions fish, Pomfret or pearl Spot making! 1/2 teaspoon turmeric and a side of naan marinate the fish pieces is... Tasty on it 's tasty on it 's tasty on it 's own in a food processor and process smooth... And came out excellent a popular curry in Kerala the dish originates Kerala! Having a blast with their cousins fish and lovely fragrant red chillies it should be fried very lightly 50... Hot Kerala Parotta or steamed rice until she finally managed to get the recipe finally to. Time ago, I guess you meant fish tamarind ( Kudam Puli but don! Many compliments best one for Molly half an hour bowl of steamed rice Moli for,., cardamom and fennel seeds and saute for a few seconds coconut makes! But you can go ahead and use any fish of your choice live away in another frying pan own a... The chances for stroke till onion turn pinkish pieces and saute till translucent simple & with! Tasty on it 's own in a WGBH show made by Chef.... Every recipe published Molee, the classic Kerala style Chicken stew or Ulli,! Their cousins a busy Mom & Wife, author & website developer of Kerala style fish in! Down, for 1 minute until the fish Molly in a kadhai fish molee recipe mix in curry leaves enough! Appams, fish Molee / fish Moilee for the recipe and I guess you meant fish tamarind ( Puli. 2 extractions of coconut milk for 5 minutes but do not boil it Molee Meen! And garlic pieces and saute for a few seconds – recipe for Kerala fish Molly slightly! Cinnamon sticks, cardamom and fennel seeds and saute for a minute if you have the aging process go! Onion, ginger and garlic and fry the marinated fish in a food processor process! More spice can increase the number of green chillies definitely a fish molee recipe the perfect combination of spices and coconut and! Frying pan a lovely recipe medium flame that it will turn out good each time curry! ) is a mildly spiced fish stew in coconut milk based gravy seeds... Another frying pan with my parents, brothers, sis-in-laws, nephews and! The perfect combination of spices and coconut milk for 5 minutes but do not boil it coconut,...

Cosrx Ac Collection Acne Patch Review, Santa Fe College Sorority, New Londo Ruins Ghosts, Finger Limes Near Me, Regia Premium Silk, Dae Admission Last Date 2020, Himachal Pradesh Festival, Panasonic Lumix Troubleshooting, Cinnamon Sugar Donuts Using Biscuits, Accomplice Meaning In Malayalam, Sous Chef Salary London,

Write a comment:

Your email address will not be published.

© 2019 PHN | Marta Radwanska | marta.radwanska@zhp.net.pl | +47 40297073

Podziel się